Delft, The Netherlands, 2017-11-23
On Tuesday 28th of November, during Logistica 2017 in Utrecht [NL], Laevo BV will present their newest solution to work related back pain: the Laevo V2.5. The Laevo is a wearable tool / exoskeleton that supports strenuous job tasks including repetitive lifting and working in a bent over position. The Laevo reduces back strain up to 50%. The complete design upgrade from V2.4 to V2.5 adds the three most requested features. With the V2.5, back pain prevention becomes even more accessible to a wide range of users.
- Multiple users for 1 Laevo. Users can easily exchange parts and are able to fine tune the Laevo to fit their own size. The possibility to exchange the Laevo between users without compromising on comfort is particularly useful for companies with a large number of operational workforce.
- On/ off Switch. Workers sometimes need to shortly sit or walk during their job. The V2.5 can easily be deactivated, so that this becomes possible. During co-development testing, users used this function e.g. for sitting on an order-pick-truck, during administration or to walk stairs.
- Adjustable support angle. The user can easily set the right support angle enabling a variety of tasks with just one Laevo. With just a push of a button a worker can select the support range between static and dynamic work.
The Laevo V2 retains its most admired functions and effectively reduces back strain up to 50%: all day, all tasks, all bendings. Users admire the ease it can be put on and report an instant wow-effect when trying the system for the first time.
“Using a Laevo, I feel much less physically tired at the end of my working day”
Laevo mechanical design is spring-loaded and works without batteries. Doing so, the product is very reliable and predictable in use. The Laevo has been designed on feedback from over 500 users.
The Laevo is world’s most accepted exoskeleton by users. Work-related (low) back pain is a worldwide leading problem, burdening both workers and employers. The first batch of V2.5 is already sold out, which underlines the fact that Laevo V2.5 answers to a market need. Laevo is working hard to produce the next batches of V2.5 which will become available in early 2018.
Laevo BV introduced the first version of the Laevo in 2015. It continuously strives to improves the design to make it accessible to a wider range of users and markets. For example, together with hospitals such as Reinier the Graaf [Delft], it investigates the possibilities to develop a Laevo for surgeons who are standing in a bent over position for many hours.
Laevo photos [Free to use]
- exchange parts yourself
- fine-tuning adjustment of width
- fine-tuning adjustment of length
- fine-tuning adjustment of support angle
- switch on/ off of the support
- better comfort
The new advantages:
- Smaller investment for the buyer
reuse the expensive parts
- Easier to use by multiple users
have people use their own Spring Shapes
- Easier in maintenance and refitting
just order new parts or Spring Shapes
- More functionalities in one Laevo
bend, squat, stoop, crawl, stand, sit
The preserved advantages of the Laevo V2:
reduce up to 50% of back load
- Easy to use
wear like a coat
easy to order, maintain and implement
Wearables and exoskeletons are the new type of tools for workers to perform in a flexible, changing environment.
Laevo BV, founded in 2013, designs, produces and sells exoskeletons. Laevo BV’s purpose is to enable workers to enjoy their work all life, be productive and safe from work related injuries.
Laevo BV, is a global leader in the passive exoskeleton industry. Laevo already has an extensive client base in logistics and (automotive) industry such as Pon Logistics, Engie/ Cofely, Daimler Mercedes, Daher and Geodis.